Interventional Pain Associates
Sarosh Saleemi, MD
Pain Management Physician
Back pain is one of the most common reasons for doctor visits and missed work. Lower back issues can create pain, aching, and inflammation in the lumbar region of the torso, the hips, and even the legs. To find relief from your symptoms, visit Sarosh Saleemi, MD, at Interventional Pain Associates in Austin, Texas. Using both traditional and innovative pain management techniques, Dr. Saleemi helps patients recover from low back pain due to injuries, overuse, or other causes. Call the office or book an appointment online today.
Low Back Pain Q & A
What causes low back pain?
Back pain may come on suddenly or develop over time. Some of the most common causes of low back pain include:
- Injury or overuse: accidents, sports injuries, lifting heavy objects, or daily overuse through repetitive movements
- Disc problems: small tears, a herniation, or degeneration in the discs of the spine
- Spinal stenosis: when space around your spinal cord narrows, putting pressure on nerves
- Scoliosis: a condition where the spine is curved sideways
Low back pain can also develop as the result of pregnancy, a sedentary lifestyle, being overweight, or aging. Back pain is more common among females than males but can develop in anyone at any age.
Do I need surgery for low back pain?
If you’re struggling with chronic back pain, some doctors may have told you that surgery is your best option. However, it’s usually best to try non-surgical treatment methods for at least six months to a year before deciding to have a surgical procedure.
Interventional Pain Associates offers many noninvasive treatment options that help patients recover from low back pain without the need for surgery.
How is low back pain treated?
Since each patient that walks through the door is unique, Dr. Saleemi customizes your treatment plan accordingly and works with you one-on-one at each visit. Doing so involves a comprehensive assessment of your symptoms, your health history, and your goals.
While medication can help relieve your symptoms if you’re in acute pain, several other innovative pain management techniques may be part of your treatment plan:
- Interventional procedures: pain management techniques like steroid therapy, spinal cord stimulation, anesthetic medicine injections, or drug delivery systems to a specific area of the body
- Physical therapy: specific stretching, massage, stimulation, or other techniques that help to relieve pressure on the low back and reduce inflammation
Dr. Saleemi works with you to create a treatment plan that best fits you.
What results can I expect?
Each patient has a unique healing timeline. Dr. Saleemi is committed to serving your needs and helping you achieve a holistic state of health.
With a facility that is equipped to treat a variety of conditions and a staff that is board-certified in pain management, you can be sure you’re getting the best results possible.
To find relief from low back pain, book an appointment today by calling or scheduling online.
We treat low back pain, neck pain, knee pain, migraines, headaches, and more. Call us to book your appointment today, located in Austin, Texas.