Interventional Pain Associates
Sarosh Saleemi, MD
Pain Management Physician
Knee pain can affect your ability to do many things in life comfortably, whether it’s playing sports or taking a casual stroll. At Interventional Pain Associates in Austin, Texas, Sarosh Saleemi, MD, uses medically-proven pain management techniques to help you resolve acute or chronic knee pain without the need for surgery. Call the office for an appointment or schedule online.
Knee Pain Q & A
What causes knee pain?
A complex network of sensitive joints, ligaments, and cartilage compose your knees. Knee pain is a common condition and can develop for several reasons. Some common causes of knee pain include:
- Injuries or overuse: torn ligaments or cartilage, dislocation, inflammation, strain or sprain
- Arthritis: conditions like osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, or lupus
- Baker cyst: swelling behind the knee that causes fluid build-up
- Infection: bacteria or germs that cause infection in the bone or joint
Since your knee is responsible for distributing forces from regular activities at every stage of your life, knee pain can affect you at any age.
Do I need to see a doctor for knee pain?
Sometimes home remedies or rest can resolve knee pain. However, if you’ve recently sustained an injury to your knee or if you’re suffering from chronic pain, Interventional Pain Associates can help. See the team for an evaluation if you’re experiencing:
- Inability to put weight on your knee
- Extreme pain
- Buckling, clicking, or locking in your knee
- Fever, swelling, or inflammation
Seek medical treatment for knee pain if your symptoms have not improved after three days of home treatment, or if your knee looks deformed or misshapen.
How is knee pain treated?
Many patients with knee pain might think they’re doomed to a life of medication or that surgery is unavoidable.
At Interventional Pain Associates, however, Dr. Saleemi specializes in noninvasive procedures to help you manage your pain without total dependence on drugs or the need for surgical interventions.
Since each patient is unique, you can expect a customized, holistic treatment plan and to see Dr. Saleemi at every visit. Depending on your needs, your care might include:
- Interventional procedures: pain management techniques like steroid therapy, spinal cord stimulation, anesthetic medicine injections, or drug delivery systems to a specific area of the body
- Physical therapy: stretching exercises, massage, laser therapy, or microcurrent stimulation to help reduce pain and improve movement
- Medication management: using specific medications in the right dosage to help support your overall healing process
If chronic pain has affected your psychological health, Interventional Pain Associates also offers counseling and mental health services to help you cope with your symptoms and improve your overall well-being.
All of your services are carried out in one place, so your care is streamlined and supported by a unified, compassionate team.
To end knee pain and regain freedom and movement in your life, call Interventional Pain Associates today or book your appointment online.
We treat low back pain, neck pain, knee pain, migraines, headaches, and more. Call us to book your appointment today, located in Austin, Texas.