Interventional Pain Associates
Sarosh Saleemi, MD
Pain Management Physician
A bad headache might ruin your day, but chronic headaches can destroy your quality of life. At Interventional Pain Associates in Austin, Texas, Sarosh Saleemi, MD, can diagnose and treat the cause of your headaches with comprehensive pain management solutions. To end headaches and feel relief fast, call to book an appointment or schedule online today.
Headache Q & A
What causes headaches?
Most people experience headaches at some point in their lives, but chronic headaches or migraines could indicate a more significant health problem.
Diagnosing the cause of headaches can be challenging, and in some cases, it can take years of tests and searching to figure out what triggers your pain. Some of the most common causes of headaches are:
- Prolonged tension or stress: called tension or muscle-contraction headaches
- Lifestyle habits: alcohol consumption, food sensitivities, or changes in your sleep pattern
- Sensory triggers: bright lights, loud noises, or overwhelming smells
In other cases, headaches that occur frequently are the result of an underlying medical condition or injury.
Should I see a doctor for headaches?
It’s not always easy to know when headaches are normal, or when they’re part of a more severe problem. If you have any of the following symptoms, contact Interventional Pain Associates for a consultation:
- Changes in the patterns, frequency, or intensity of your headaches
- Headaches that get worse with coughing or movement
- Pain accompanied by fever, visual disturbances, stiff neck, numbness, or slurred speech
- Headaches that come on suddenly
You should also seek medical attention for headaches if they started after a recent injury or blow to the head. If you don’t have any of the symptoms listed above, but headaches are interfering with your daily life, Dr. Saleemi can evaluate your symptoms and help you find relief.
How are headaches treated?
With headaches, understanding the cause of your pain is essential. Dr. Saleemi begins each patient’s care with a comprehensive assessment to understand your health history, your lifestyle, and your symptoms.
When it comes to pain, there are often many factors involved: Your stress levels, your diet, your environment, your age, and more. Treatment, therefore, addresses not just your body, but your mental and emotional well-being, too.
Your treatment plan may include several different therapies, such as:
- Physical therapy: exercises, stretching, or massage to help relieve tension and eliminate headaches
- Dietary advice: foods to avoid that may trigger headaches
- Interventional procedures: therapies that deliver medicine, steroids, or healing modalities directly to areas of the body that need it
- Alternative treatments: interventions like yoga, chiropractic care, or acupuncture
- Botox®: a cosmetic treatment that also helps to prevent migraines
To end your headaches and find the relief you deserve, book a consultation with Dr. Saleemi today. To schedule, call the office or use the easy online booking tool.
We treat low back pain, neck pain, knee pain, migraines, headaches, and more. Call us to book your appointment today, located in Austin, Texas.